Version 4.15, 2006.03.11, urgency: LOW:
* Release notes
- There are a lot of new features in this version. I recommend
to test it well before upgrading your mission-critical systems.
- Fix for pthreads on Solaris 10 (thx to Hans Werner Strube
- Attempt to autodetect socklen_t type in configure script.
- Default threading model changed to pthread for better portability.
- DH parameters are not included in the certificate by default.
* New features sponsored by Software House http://www.swhouse.com/
- Most SSL-related options (including client, cert, key) are now
available on service level, so it is possible to have an SSL
client and an SSL server in a single stunnel process.
- Windows CE (version 3.0 and higher) support.
* New features
- Client mode CONNECT protocol support (RFC 2817 section 5.2).
- Retrying exec+connect services added.
* File locations are more compliant to Filesystem Hierarchy Standard 2.3
- configuration and certificates are in $prefix/etc/stunnel/
- binaries are in $prefix/sbin/
- default pid file is $prefix/var/run/stunnel.pid
- manual is $prefix/man/man8/stunnel.8
- other docs are in $prefix/share/doc/stunnel/
- libstunnel is in $prefix/lib
- chroot directory is setup in $prefix/var/lib/stunnel/
this directory is chmoded 1770 and group nogroup
sha1sum for stunnel-4.15.tar.gz:
Home page: http://stunnel.mirt.net/
The stable version of my VPN for stunnel/Linux
is ready for download here:
AFAIK it's the shortest (only 356 lines in C language)
and probably one of the easiest to setup VPNs ever.
Here is the ChangeLog entry:
* version 1.02 2006.03.03, status: functional, stable
- retransmission rate limiting algoritm improved
- some minor bugfixes
Could someone contribute a manual page? 8-)