Some people were asking me for a standalone stunnel.exe file.
It's located in stunnel-4.12/src directory of stunnel-4.12.tar.gz archive.
Winzip can handle .tar.gz format, so you'll be able to unpack it.
BTW: I recommend to try the installer, anyway. It's designed to make the
upgrade much easier. You can simply enter the path where your current
stunnel.exe and stunnel.conf are located during the install.
stunnel.conf and stunnel.pem files won't be replaced and your Windows will
remember the path so you won't have to enter it on next upgrade.
Also the latest OpenSSL DLLs are installed in stunnel directory each time.
1. Uninstall removes stunnel.conf, so don't uninstall if you're only going to
2. Remember to stop stunnel before you uninstall/upgrade it.
Here is the ChangeLog entry:
Version 4.12, 2005.09.29, urgency: MEDIUM:
* New features
- Win32 installer added.
- New Win32 commandline options: -start and -stop.
- Log level and thread number are reported to syslog.
- DLLs for OpenSSL 0.9.8.
- stunnel.spec updated by neeo <neeo(a)irc.pl>.
- Use of broken poll() is disabled on Mac OS X.
- Yet another transfer() infinite loop condition fixed.
- Workaround for a serious M$ bug (KB177346).
- IPv6 DLLs allocation problem resulting in GPF on W2K fixed.
- zlib added to shared libraries (OpenSSL may need it).
- size_t printf() fixed in stack_info().
* Release notes
- This is a bugfix release. Upgrade is recommended.
sha1sum: 3a0f1b9955f64dcab376b4145663f1eadc5dfba5 stunnel-4.12.tar.gz