[stunnel-users] Access an arbitrary https website on http://localhost:3000 via stunnel.

Ludolf Holzheid lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
Fri Jan 15 11:04:10 CET 2016

On Fri, 2016-01-15 08:35:05 +0800, Hongyi Zhao wrote:
> [..]
>
> But still, firefox failed with the above url, the error is as follows:
>
> Secure Connection Failed
>
> The connection to coolaj86.com:3000 was interrupted while the page was loading.
>
>     The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the
> authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
>     Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Zhao,

For some reason, firefox does not use the stunnel but tries to connect
coolaj86.com directly.  It looks as if the entry in the host file is
not effective.  (You might check who replies to 'ping coolaj86.com'.)

> [..]
> >
> > P.S.: As your signature is English, I suppose it is for European/
> >       American/Oceanian eyes and your name is given in the European
> >       order (family name last).  Hongyi is your given name then.
> >       My apologies if this is wrong.
>
> No, I'm from China.  Thanks for help again.

I know you're from China, that's why I was uncertain about the order
of names.  Some people from East Asia swap their names if they write
them using the Latin script, others don't, so I didn't know how you
want to be called.

Ludolf

--

Ludolf Holzheid

Bihl+Wiedemann GmbH
Floßwörthstraße 41
68199 Mannheim, Germany

Tel: +49 621 33996-0
Fax: +49 621 3392239

mailto:lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
http://www.bihl-wiedemann.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Mannheim
Geschäftsführer: Jochen Bihl, Bernhard Wiedemann
Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 5796