[stunnel-users] Access an arbitrary https website on http://localhost:3000 via stunnel.

Ludolf Holzheid lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
Thu Jan 14 17:45:05 CET 2016

On Thu, 2016-01-14 22:41:41 +0800, Hongyi Zhao wrote:
> [..]
> I've tried add the following two lines into the /etc/hosts file:
> www.coolaj86.com
> coolaj86.com
> But still the issue exists when I use firefox to open http://localhost:3000/.

you have to convince firefox use as IP address and
coolaj86.com as host for the HTTP requests. is the IP address your stunnel daemon listens on, and
coolaj86.com is needed by the remote server to select the right
virtual host.

Try to change your /etc/hosts to read
| coolaj86.com
and stunnel-tlsvpn.conf to read
| connect =

Then, use http://coolaj86.com:3000 in firefox.

P.S.: As your signature is English, I suppose it is for European/
      American/Oceanian eyes and your name is given in the European
      order (family name last).  Hongyi is your given name then.
      My apologies if this is wrong.

Ludolf Holzheid
Bihl+Wiedemann GmbH
Floßwörthstraße 41
68199 Mannheim, Germany
Tel: +49 621 33996-0
Fax: +49 621 3392239
mailto:lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Mannheim
Geschäftsführer: Jochen Bihl, Bernhard Wiedemann
Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 5796