[stunnel-users] Is there a Win32 installer that supports sslVersionMin = TLS1.2?

Jose Alf. josealf at rocketmail.com
Fri Mar 29 22:49:19 CET 2019

 Hi Kent,
1. Please consider supporting upstream Stunnel developer by donating or purchasing support. Custom oficially supported builds is one of the services provided. See

2. I'm not sure if my custom,non-official, unsupported build works on WinXP.  I no longer have an XP machine to test, but nothing prevents you from giving it a try. Latest build uses OpenSSL 1.0.2r and there's also a more experimental build using OpenSSL 1.1.1b.

3. Off course, OpenSSL 1.0.2 supports TLS 1.2; OpenSSL 1.1.1 add support for TLS 1.3. If you use stunnel as a client, you don't need to add parameters to connect to a server enforcing TLS 1.2. The connection should be negotiated and it should work. If not, take a look at the log to find out why.

Regards,
Jose

    > On Thursday, March 28, 2019, 1:25:37 PM GMT-5, kent loving <kentlovingwa at gmail.com> wrote:

 >. I need to run a client on Win XP that connects to a server using TLS 1.2 or higher.> Jose Alf posted that he made a test build of 5.50 in a win32 installer but uses OpenSSL 1.0.2p. And it does not seem to be official. > The changelog says version 5.49, which has a win32 installer, also uses OpenSSL 1.0.2p. I can't tell if it supports TLS1.2. > The man page implies I need OpenSSL 1.1.1 to get the sslVersionMin option.> And, OpenSSL says v1.0.2 support ends in 9 months.
> Any advice is appreciated.> Thanks,> Kent Loving _______________________________________________
stunnel-users mailing list
stunnel-users at stunnel.org