[stunnel-users] Fwd: Stunnel log file format

Ludolf Holzheid lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
Tue Jan 12 18:10:24 CET 2016

On Tue, 2016-01-12 11:23:43 -0430, Jesús Alfredo Cambera wrote:
> Hello Ludof,
>
> Thanks for answering so fast. I think this information would be really
> useful for other users. I'd would be great if it could be included the the
> manual page (https://www.stunnel.org/static/stunnel.html).
>
> I had just completed the logstash filters but still I have one last
> question: What do the log levels correspond to: error, warning, info?

Hi Alfredo,

always answer to the list, so others may read along and/or chime in.

>From the stunnel man page:
>>
>> Level is a one of the syslog level names or numbers emerg (0), alert (1), crit (2),
>> err (3), warning (4), notice (5), info (6), or debug (7).  All logs for the specified
>> level and all levels numerically less than it will be shown.  Use debug = debug or
>> debug = 7 for greatest debugging output.  The default is notice (5).

This seems to perfectly match the 'conventional meaning of the log
level' used for most POSIX system log daemons (e.g. the linux
syslogd).

I don't know how significant the level /names/ actually are - Maybe
all you can read from this is that level 0 gives the fewest and level
7 gives the most messages.

Ludolf

--

Ludolf Holzheid

Bihl+Wiedemann GmbH
Floßwörthstraße 41
68199 Mannheim, Germany

Tel: +49 621 33996-0
Fax: +49 621 3392239

mailto:lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
http://www.bihl-wiedemann.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Mannheim
Geschäftsführer: Jochen Bihl, Bernhard Wiedemann
Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 5796