[stunnel-users] Help: sTunnel http to Apache https?

Hathor27 stunnel at horn-data.ch
Tue Jan 5 21:36:00 CET 2016

Thank you for your fast response, Jhon.
My target https-server is a Synology DS211+ with Apache 2.2(Unix).
Its VirtualHost config looks like:

<VirtualHost *:443>
  ServerName myhost.mydomain.com
  ServerAlias internal.name.local
  DocumentRoot /somepath/not/used/at/all/
  SSLEngine On
  SSLProtocol all -SSLv2 -SSLv3  # TLSv1 or higher
  SSLProxyEngine On
  ProxyRequests On
  ProxyBadHeader Ignore
  ProxyVia Full
  AllowCONNECT myInternalPort
  <Proxy *>
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
  </Proxy>
  <ProxyMatch (internal\.name\.local)>
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
  </ProxyMatch>
  LogLevel debug
  ErrorLog /logpath/sshserver-proxy_error_log
  CustomLog /logpath/sshserver-proxy_request_log combined </VirtualHost>

The sTunnel client config on Win7 is:

debug = 7
log = overwrite
output = C:\userpath\stunnel\stunnel.log
socket = l:TCP_NODELAY=1
socket = r:TCP_NODELAY=1
client = yes

[http-2-ssl]
accept = 127.0.0.1:80
connect = proxy.gateway:gwPort
protocol = connect
protocolHost = myhost.mydomain.com:443
retry = yes
config = Protocol:ALL
config = Protocol:-SSLv3

Finally still remains my initial question: Can I wrap my http-proxy request into http over ssl (https) and receive it on an Apache https server? If 'yes', how?

Best regards
Hathor27

Btw: Hopefully better posted