[stunnel-users] stunnel: symbol lookup error: stunnel undefined symbol: X509_check_host

Ryan McLeod r.mcleod20 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 23:12:41 CEST 2015

Hello.

I get the error in the subject on 64bit Ubuntu and Debian system (32bit is
fine).
I've installed from source:
-openssl-1.0.2.d
-stunnel-5.24

When first install stunnel, it complained about not being able to find an
ssl library during the configure stage and said to reinstall openssl with
-fPIC. I did that using the following line:
CFLAG=-fPIC ./config shared

Once I did that, stunnel installed just fine. But when I run stunnel, I get
the error in the subject.
I tried reinstalling stunnel with a configure option:
--with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl/. But no change.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

Ryan