[stunnel-users] Can stunnel do this and if so, how?

Jason Lacoss-Arnold alchemst at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 23:23:37 CEST 2015

I have a client and a server where the client isn't very good and the
server requires a MASSL (Mutual Auth SSL aka client certificate
authenticated) connection.  I need to get one of two things to work.
Either:
1)  The client makes a non-SSL connection to stunnel on the local machine
which then performs a MASSL connection to the server using a client
certificate or
2)  The client makes a plain SSL connection to stunnel on the local machine
which then performs a MASSL connection to the server using a client
certificate.

Can stunnel be used in this manner?

If so, would someone please give me some hints on configuration?

For extra credit, it would be awesome if the client private key were stored
in a pkcs11 device (HSM).

Thank you,
--Jason