[stunnel-users] Fullduplex in stunnel

Krzysztof Kwiatkowski krzysiek at leeds.pl
Thu Sep 5 17:50:06 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm planning to use stunnel to do stress testing of my application. I
decided to use stunnel because I've noticed that full-duplex has been
added to version 3.2 (around 1999) and my application handles high
throughput.
AFAIK Stunnel uses openssl. Also I know that openssl doesn't handle
fullduplex traffic very well. In fact without any tricks, half-duplex is
most what I could get from openssl.
As the full-duplex feature has been added to stunnel in 1999 (so long
time ago) can you confirm that it is still there and full-duplex is
still supported? If it is a case, how it is possible that stunnel
handles fullduplex?

Krzysztof Kwiatkowski