[stunnel-users] accept : too many open files error(24)

Janusz Dziemidowicz rraptorr at nails.eu.org
Mon Jul 1 10:25:03 CEST 2013

2013/6/30 Senthil Naidu <senthil.naidu at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> We are using 64 bit version of centos, and the ram of this system is 1gb
> so should we increase this limit to 100000 in the limits.conf

limits.conf is used only for interactive login sessions (i.e. when you
login to your system as a stunnel user). It is _not_ used by daemons
in your system (unless CentOS does something unusual in the startup
script).
You can check limits of a running process in /proc/PID/limits file,
most probably your stunnel has still the default value (1024 usually).
You should use ulimit -n in your stunnel startup script to modify file
descriptor limit.

--
Janusz Dziemidowicz