[stunnel-users] stunnel port question

Stewart Anderson Stewart.Anderson at bthft.nhs.uk
Wed Feb 13 15:27:00 CET 2013

Hi all,  ty in advance for any help.

I have a service  that   I can connect to  a destination over stunnel,  but I   am  not able to get the  ack I expect.

Internal sending  service =>  stunnel       =>  external  listening service

I think the problem may be that the  firewall is blocking  inbound traffic.

I need to specify a  specific port for the firewall team to open   so that traffic can get back to my  stunnel service,  since every time  stunnel starts  it will be making a connection from  a different port on the external facing side of the SSL  encapsulation  service/pipe/whatever you want to call it!!

What would be the best  way to configure  stunnel for that scenario.  I can see  the INETD  mode but that does not seem to  be what I  am looking for,  I can also see the transparent option but  not sure what that really does.

Any advice appreciated.

Regards

Stewart

Your Hospital needs YOU! We need you to register as a Public, Patient or Staff member and help shape the future of your healthcare. Call 0800 280 2581 to register by phone or you can email bradfordhospitals at capitaregistrars.com<mailto:bradfordhospitals at capitaregistrars.com> and ask to be registered as a new member. For more information about our hospitals and Foundation Trust Membership please visit www.bradfordhospitals.nhs.uk<http://www.bradfordhospitals.nhs.uk>
This message is confidential. It may also contain privileged information. The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the named addressee only. Unless you are the named addressee or authorised to receive the e-mail of the named addressee you may not disclose, use or copy the contents of the e-mail. If you are not the person for whom the message was intended, please notify the sender immediately at Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and delete the material from your computer. You must not use the message for any other purpose, nor disclose its contents to any person other than the intended recipient. Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust does not accept responsibility for this message and any views or opinions contained in this e-mail are solely those of the author unless expressly stated otherwise.