[stunnel-users] stunnel with private key and passphrase

treffeisen ltd. director at treffeisen.net
Fri Feb 15 17:45:57 CET 2013

Hi,
	was working on the quickfix/n side and run into issues connecting to
our vendor Bloomberg. They need SSL tunnelled connection where your tool
seems to come in quite handy. Unfortunately Bloomberg told us know that they
don’t support the public key handshake anymore. Only a private key with
keypass. So please bare with my limited understanding of the jargon here (I
should know as I studied computer science, but it is a long time ago).

What Bloomberg said on the question weather they support stunnel:
I have another question in regards to the Certificates, is there any other
ways that you can set this connection up i.e. would it be possible to use a
public key?

I will check but afraid we cannot support any other secure connection type.
We used to support Stunnel connections in the past but not anymore.

Is that something that stunnel could do as well with a bit of change??

Thanks,
	André