[stunnel-users] NETBIOS over stunnel

Jean-Yves F. Barbier 12ukwn at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 03:07:38 CEST 2011

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 17:32:40 +0800
Ronald RiemVis <ronald.riemvis at gmail.com> wrote:

> from a local loopback network adapter with IP address port 139 to
> an external adddres port 1000
> This is the configuration on the site where the my book live is connected:
> client = yes
> [MyBook]
> accept = (is my local address)
> connect = (address of the my book live device)
> On the other side is the coinfiguration:
> client = yes
> [MyBook]
> accept = (loopback addapter address)
> connect = remote address:1000 (external address)
> What can I do more to let it work?

First, don't use privileged ports (<1024) as many ISPs block them as well,
then use these ports:
137 (netbios-ns:   NETBIOS Name Sce)     => UDP
138 (netbios-dgm:  NETBIOS Datagram Sce) => UDP
139 (netbios-ssn:  NETBIOS session Sce)  => TCP
445 (microsoft-ds: M$ Naked CIFS)        => TCP

Although, services needing multiple ports communications and multiple
protocols are usually easier to tunnel via a VPN (OpenVPN does it very
well and is easy to configure [use the bridged mode, NOT the routed one]).

Obviously the only rational solution to your problem is suicide.