[stunnel-users] misconfiguration of transparent proxy

Jose Alf. josealf at rocketmail.com
Tue Jul 19 14:13:46 CEST 2011

David,

I completely agree. That's what I said it would be considered an ugly hack. Your solution using iptables is probably the most efficient on Linux. On other platforms, or if we want something portable, we could use one of several small daemons that can handle this task like rinetdĀ  or redir or if want to get into trouble, a swiss army knife like netcat or socat :)

http://www.boutell.com/rinetd/
http://www.bigsoft.co.uk/blog/index.php/2010/06/22/building-redir-redir-c-from-patched-sources