[stunnel-users] 4.39 RPM

Jose Alf. josealf at rocketmail.com
Tue Jul 19 13:30:39 CEST 2011

I sent you my RPMS (Source and Binaries) for CentOS 5 and alikes (RHES, Scientific, Oracle Linux 5 or later). Note that you should not blindingly accept software from untrusted sources. You could plant a trojan horse in your network. Anyway, my RPMS should work as drop-in replacements for the official RedHat RPMS, as they follow the same conventions:
a) By default, Logs are sent to authpriv facility instead of daemon.
b) The sample stunnel config file is changed so that certificates files are in the preferred locations for the distribution.

In addition, I add an init script to /etc/init.d/stunnel.

You can install the source RPM and verify that the pristine stunnel-4.39.tar.gz is used and the patches do only what I described above and then rebuild the binary RPM.