[stunnel-users] s_poll_wait timeout: connection reset

manoj kumar vtmanojkumar at yahoo.co.in
Tue Jan 18 10:51:34 CET 2011

Thanks for your reply.

No, We are getting the connection reset, even when clients are active and
entering the orders. Moreover Problem some times reoccurs within 3-4 hours. It
happens during business hours and also non business hours. Again no pattern to
isolate the cause.

Since only stunnel logs any message during this problem, everybody is pointing
to stunnel, which i disagree. Need your help to confirm below things.It will
help to convince management the issue is not with stunnel.

1) what does s_poll_wait timeout mean..
2) Is this points to connection between ( client & stunnel ) or ( stunnel &
inetd )
3) Was stunnel reseting connections b'se of timeout or mere reporting ( logging
) the lost connectivity.
4) Say if file descriptors limit is reached, in such case does stunnel
deliberately terminate the existing sessions ? ( Note: Database & Stunnel runs
with same user id, we don't have any issue with database )
5)Is there any chance for session cache causing this issue ?
6)There is very less probability of 100's of clients timeout at same time
(Hour,minute). Suggestions for any areas that we could look into.

Thanks for your help.