[stunnel-users] Many services on the same port (VirtualHost)

Jon Daley stunnel at jon.limedaley.com
Sat Oct 30 17:45:19 CEST 2010

On Sat, 30 Oct 2010, Hugo wrote:
> Does anyone knows a way to make many services listening on the same port?
> I've got one stunnel4 server which allows me to crypt two http servers.
> The first service bind on port 465 and the second on 470.
> What I will is to let user access on the port 465 using 2 different
> ServerNames.
 	I am not sure what you are trying to do.  You want clients to
connect via https to ports 465 on two different IPs and then stunnel to
forward them to the appropriate http daemon?
 	I am not sure if stunnel works in that method - that is the
reverse of what I use stunnel for - I connect via an unencrypted
connection, and forward via stunnel to an encrypted daemon.
 	And if you are talking about virtually hosting https connections,
that will work, as long as the certificate contains both servernames - you
can't use two different certificates, because you don't know which
certificate to serve until after the connection is encrypted.

--
Jon Daley
http://jon.limedaley.com