[stunnel-users] STunnel as a Relay server

Ludolf Holzheid lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
Fri Sep 19 10:49:18 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-18 15:02:56 -0400, Thomas O'Hare wrote:
> Ludolf
>
> Just got this as the main mail server was down for several days.
>
> The Win EXE that installs the STunnel service is what I meant.  Is there
> a way to edit the configuration text file to skip tunneling.  There is
> an ancient app on some PCs that can use only port 25 and we want to use
> STunnel to do both SSL & non-SSL relays so we do not have to install &
> maintain 2 different packages to basically do the same thing.

Thomas,

Of course, you get a clear-text port redirector if you connect two
instances of stunnel running on the same machine, one acting as
client, the other one as server.

But again, I think this is oversized and not easier to set up than
a simple TCP port redirector.

Ludolf

Ludolf Holzheid             Tel:    +49 621 339960
Bihl+Wiedemann GmbH         Fax:    +49 621 3392239
Floßwörthstraße 41          e-mail: lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
D-68199 Mannheim, Germany