[stunnel-users] One (!) more question - now I can't SEND thru stunnel!

John Bryant jbryant at lzy.net
Tue Sep 9 20:42:43 CEST 2008

Dear all -

When I got thru the receiving problems, and tried sending mail, I got this message:

***********

Error - sent data: "MAIL FROM:<jbryant at lzy.net>"
Receive error: "530-5.5.1 Authentication Required. Learn more at
530 5.5.1 http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=14257 h27sm1283675elf.14"

I went to the link and then to another link within that and I have still not solved the problem.

I have nothing about Authentication in the stunnel.conf file because I did not understand it.

It seems from my googles that I should be able to set up the client Account Properties to provide (not "secure password authorisation", which my sources say is NOT desirable but) authentication with a password and my ENTIRE userid supplied  - but when I tried doing that I got the message:

The+server+does+not+support+any+secure+password+authentication+providers (without the pluses)

So I'm back to square one.  Will be doing research on this today, but thought I'd get this question in in case any one of you has encountered a similar problem.

Thank you.

Lenny