[stunnel-users] Hallooooo! Question answered (with your help)

John Bryant jbryant at lzy.net
Tue Sep 9 01:49:10 CEST 2008

Dear all -

I got incorrect password message when I logged on in my email client program. Why?

I had forgotten to include my ENTIRE ID (i.e. my ENTIRE email address) in the setup of the mail server in my client software (despite my ISP's insistence that be done).

Error message from server was misleading in that the error message did include my ENTIRE ID and asked for the password, then said it was a wrong combo.

Thank you so much for your help.  Your insistence that I check the log file to see if I was indeed connected was a big help, because it gave me confidence that I had at least gotten that far without a hitch.  (Doing a google on the error message: "[AUTH] Username and password not accepted" was another mind-jogger.)

Your help was greatly appreciated.

Thank you againl

Lenny