[stunnel-users] HTTPS being redirected back to HTTP

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Tue Mar 25 14:59:42 CET 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 09:17:09AM -0400, Steven Buehler wrote:
> I have tested several versions of stunnel up to version 4.21 on SLES 9 and
> 10.  I am trying to use stunnel to implement TLS 1.0 for HTTPS on a Lotus
> Domino server.  I am able to connect to the Domino server with a web
> browser with HTTPS successfully.  However, once I log into the server it
> drops me back down to HTTP.  I suspect the Domino server is sending a
> redirect back to HTTP during the login because if I change the URL back to
> HTTPS in the browser after the login, it re-establishes the HTTPS
> connection.   I've checked with Lotus support and there is nothing that
> can be done on the Domino server to prevent this.  Is there anyway to
> handle this in stunnel so that the requests remain as HTTPS requests to
> the browser?

If you're asking whether stunnel can act as a content-rewriting proxy,
and modify the content of the pages that pass through it, changing all
"http://" references to "https://", keeping track of the Content-Length
headers and all that stuff, and also looking carefully for any dynamically
generated JavaScript strings that may be used as link targets...

...then, no, stunnel does not do that :)

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net    roam at cnsys.bg    roam at FreeBSD.org