[stunnel-users] HTTPS being redirected back to HTTP

Steven Buehler sbuehler at usgs.gov
Tue Mar 25 14:17:09 CET 2008

I have tested several versions of stunnel up to version 4.21 on SLES 9 and
10.  I am trying to use stunnel to implement TLS 1.0 for HTTPS on a Lotus
Domino server.  I am able to connect to the Domino server with a web
browser with HTTPS successfully.  However, once I log into the server it
drops me back down to HTTP.  I suspect the Domino server is sending a
redirect back to HTTP during the login because if I change the URL back to
HTTPS in the browser after the login, it re-establishes the HTTPS
connection.   I've checked with Lotus support and there is nothing that
can be done on the Domino server to prevent this.  Is there anyway to
handle this in stunnel so that the requests remain as HTTPS requests to
the browser?

Here is the services section of my stunnel.conf

[https]
sslVersion = TLSv1
accept  = gsvatestm02.er.usgs.gov:443
connect = gsvatestm02.er.usgs.gov:80