[stunnel-users] stunnel on osX

Michal Trojnara Michal.Trojnara at mobi-com.net
Sat Sep 30 13:28:27 CEST 2006

On Saturday 30 September 2006 12:25, fmgre-dell at yahoo.fr wrote:
> What i mean is that we have 8 different services
> running. they are all locked with the same key. We
> distribute the private key to other non-computer
> persons, who don t know how to remove a password from
> a key ( and we 'd like to keep the key locked )
>
> With the former version of stunnel, we could unlock
> the 8 services with typing the password only once
>
> With the latest version, we need to type in the
> keyword once for every service ( i.e. 8 times !!! )

Oh, I see.  It was only possible to have a single certificate in previous
versions of stunnel.  Now each service can have a separate certificate, so
each service asks for a key.  It's possible to cache previously entered pass
phrases.

> Is there any way to 'ease' the use of the latest
> version while keeping the key passworded ?

Not in current version of stunnel.
I'll add the code for caching passwords with the next release.

Best regards,