[stunnel-users] stunnel runs in background but fails to do his job

christof mestdag fenix4life at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 11:55:03 CET 2006

hi,
i'm having difficulties using the stunnel program. I've got some help to
change the syntax from 3.X to 4.X but it doesn't work.

I've got
this config file
->
client=yes
output=/var/log/stunnel.log
[ldaps]
accept=localhost:389
connect=192.168.1.101:636

I run it with /usr/sbin/stunnel ./stunnel.conf
-> check background: ps -ef | grep stunnel
root 3270 ..... /usr/sbin/stunnel ./stunnel.conf

Problem is when i close on server gate 389 i can't get any input. I expect
the traffic going towards port 636 on server but it doenst. I can close port
636 and open just 389. He keeps sending everyting towards 389.

I also tried to create a stunnel.conf by using make stunnel.conf in the
tools directory ( in you tar.gz ) but nothing changes.

/var/log/stunnel.log says
-> date : stunnel 4.05 on i386-red hat .... with openssl 0.9.7a
->date : FD_SETSIZE=1024 file ulimt=1024 -> 500 clients allowed

any input for my problem.
It's kinda important. I'm really fed up with the tutorials which shows it
works and everything always fails at my place :(
greetz
christof