[stunnel-users] SSL Libraries on Debian

Hal Vaughan hal at thresholddigital.com
Tue Mar 14 03:12:58 CET 2006

I tried compiling Stunnel on Debian and get an error -- I need the ssl
libraries.  I tried ./configure --with-ssl=/usr/lib/ssl, which is where
libssl-dev was installed, and it doesn't help.  There is a libssl file
in /usr/lib, but --with-ssl=/usr/lib/ssl doesn't seem to work either.
What package on Debian provides the needed headers (according to
aptitude, libssl-dev, the one I installed, does, but experience is
telling me otherwise).

(This, btw, is why I am trying to make static binaries -- you can never
tell what to expect on Linux systems at this point.  Often config/make
doesn't work and there are many times when packages don't work out for
one reason or another.)

Thanks for any help on this.

Hal