[stunnel-users] Static Binaries for Linux? (Didn't get answerpreviously)

Michal Trojnara Michal.Trojnara at mobi-com.net
Mon Mar 13 14:08:05 CET 2006

Hal Vaughan wrote:
> I may need to include Stunnel with my application so my clients behind
> restrictive firewalls can still enable me to work on their systems with
> RealVNC.  I'm working with clients on both Windows and Linux.
>
> Is there a way to get static binaries for Linux?  I don't
> know C or C++
> or much more than running ./configure && make && make install.  I'd
> like to know if it is possible or what is needed to create static
> binaries of the files so I could easily install stunnel on any Linux
> system by just copying over the proper files.

I see no reason to support "install by copy".

For easy installation use:
    apt-get install stunnel4
or whatever command is used on your distribution.

BTW: Make sure to distribute the source code and the license together with stunnel as required by GPL!

> Also, what archive format does the Windows installer use?

Nothing standard.

> I'd like to
> do something similar for Windows, so if I could pull the files out of
> the installer and copy them over myself, it would be a huge help.

Just install it on a testing machine and grab the files.
Don't forget to distribute the source code and the license together with stunnel as required by GPL!

Best regards,