[stunnel-users] stunnel woes under HPUX 10.20

foner-stunnel at media.mit.edu foner-stunnel at media.mit.edu
Mon Feb 28 23:15:22 CET 2005

    Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:23:53 +0100
    From: Michal Trojnara <Michal.Trojnara at mirt.net>

    On 2005-02-28, at 22:16, foner-stunnel at media.mit.edu wrote:
    > (I just tried running gdb on the corefile and gdb claimed
    > "not in executable format: File format not recognized", which is
    > interesting...)

    Don't forget that core file is the *second* parameter to gdb.  8-)

Yeah, I know that :)  I'm pretty sure that's what I typed, but I don't
have that bit of history any more, so maybe I typoed it.  Not that it
really matters, since I've since discovered that gdb helpfully dumps
core when I try to use it on the corefile---the first time, it of
course dumped it -over- the existing corefile, so the next time I
renamed the original first.  But gdb still can't cope with it, and
running stunnel directly inside gdb doesn't have anything left for
"bt" to show me after the stack blows up.

I can continue to debug this if it's not immediately obvious why the
stack is exploding on a closed connection, but at that point I'm going
to have to start putting breakpoints in the code and generally put a
bunch more time into it---if that's not wasted effort, I'll get started.