[stunnel-users] Q: rereading configuration file?

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Tue Feb 1 14:21:56 CET 2005

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 02:15:22PM +0100, Heiko Nardmann wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Does stunnel offer a way to signal a need for rereading the configuration
> file, i.e. some kind of SIGHUP ?

I don't think it does; at least, it is not handled by a signal, and for
a good reason; see below.

> I would like to add services while running stunnel without stopping the
> program ... it should compare currently available services with the new list
> of services, stop the ones not available any more and start those which are
> new in the new/changed configuration ...

Part of the reason that I think this has not been done is that in most
cases (at least under Unix), stunnel is running in a chroot jail for
security reasons.  If so, the stunnel process that receives the signal
has absolutely no way to access the config file - it is most probably
outside the chroot tree where the stunnel process operates.

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net    roam at cnsys.bg    roam at FreeBSD.org
This inert sentence is my body, but my soul is alive, dancing in the sparks of your brain.