[stunnel-users] stunnel library inconsistencies

Brian T btuch at usa.net
Thu Dec 29 01:39:33 CET 2005

Hi,

I've been using stunnel 4.08 on an embedded Linux platform for a while now, and am attempting to move to the 2.6 kernel from the 2.4.20, which has changed my building platform.  I am cross-compiling with libs and tools targeted for the embedded system, which is an i486 type AMD Elan chip.

I have tried 4.08, 4.14 and 4.15b, all with the same result. Everything looks to compile properly, but when running stunnel I get the following:

Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-minimal.c: 134: realloc: Assertion `ptr == alloc_last_block' failed!

strace doesn't supply any helpful information.   I have tried building with and without tcpwrappers, and have tried libssl 0.9.7g and 0.9.7i.  Libssl v0.9.8a doesn't seem to play very nice.

Anyone able to look at my config.log?  It's 140k uncompressed, but will zip it up if needed.

Thanks,

-Brian