[stunnel-users] SSL Engine patch on Windows?

Kartik Subbarao subbarao at computer.org
Wed Nov 10 03:21:43 CET 2004

I'm trying to use stunnel with the SSL Hardware Engine patch (posted by
Neil Dunbar to this mailing list in March) on Windows.

I apply the patch to the 4.05 codebase and build stunnel with MinGW. I'm
able to use stunnel normally without exercising any hardware engine
functionality. This tells me that the basics are working.

I then run stunnel with the config file containing the following kinds
of hardware engine parameters:

SSLEngine=c:\windows\system32\engine_pkcs11.dll
SSLEngineOpt=MODULE_PATH=c:\windows\system32\acpkcs201.dll

But when I run stunnel, I get errors with dynamic library loading like:

error stack: 260B6084 : error:260B6084:engine routines:DYNAMIC_LOAD:dso
not found

And similar errors like that. This gives me the impression that I
haven't linked stunnel properly on windows to be able to use OpenSSL
dynamic libraries. Or perhaps some other explanation that I don't
understand :-)

Is it possible to compile stunnel on Windows (either with MinGW or with
Visual C++) to be able to use the hardware engine patch? Any
pointers/assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

	-Kartik