[stunnel-users] behaviour when using 127.0.0.1 in the 'connect' field

Kelly Trinh kelly at trinhonline.com
Tue Mar 10 13:14:22 CET 2020

Hi Jose - thanks; that was the issue

thanks to your clue; I searched around a bit and found I can see what openvpn is listen to with this

netstat -nlp

and turns out editing the server.conf and removing the local line entirely makes openvpn listen on all interfaces and that got things going which was great.

---- On Tue, 10 Mar 2020 19:26:54 +0800 Josealf.rm <josealf at rocketmail.com> wrote ----

Kelly,

Most likely, your OpenVPN server is not listening on (not bound to) your loopback interface. Check your OpenVPN configuration file.

I understand you need to add

local 127.0.0.1

to you openvpn.conf

regards,