[stunnel-users] (no subject)

flash at vicsmba.com flash at vicsmba.com
Fri Mar 6 23:48:03 CET 2020

This can be O/S dependent – some O/S have limits on file descriptors, pipes, etc.  I would check that.

Second, broken pipes happen when one side closes when there is still action.  In Unix C it is easy to do – if you use a piped open but you only want to get the first line of data so your read from the pipe and close … you get a broken pipe every time.  This is harmless if that is what you want.  Death if not.

You might check your Oracle code for premature closing as I doubt it is stunnel.  Can you trap the error and resume and see if it works?  It well could.

Essentially what I am saying is this is not directly a stunnel problem, more likely it is an implementation error.  Which could be in the Oracle code as I have had problems with it in the past.

More information on the O/S and the Oracle code would help.

Eric

VICS, LLC

Eric S Eberhard

2933 W Middle Verde Rd