[stunnel-users] stunnel-users Digest, Vol 182, Issue 14

Eric Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Fri Sep 27 19:03:05 CEST 2019

I don’t suggest it as a final solution – although for me it works great and we have customers exchanging 2-4 million XML documents per day with no performance issues – BUT no matter what it is a good debugging tool.  Inetd gets all the initial connections and closes them when done.  It might or might or might not be involved with the HSM at all.

You might also look at the process table (some form of ps) and grep for stunnel and relatives and see if they are hanging around.  In theory, if a process dies, it “should” close it’s connections.  If it is floating in space it will not.

Inetd will kill the process – at least on Centos and AIX and SCO – for sure and for certain.