[stunnel-users] older browsers, stunnel and privoxy

Eric Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Mon Jan 14 03:47:23 CET 2019

Sure it can.  Inetd is simply a "server" and stunnel works in  inetd mode or
server mode.  When not using inetd, stunnel does the server work.  When
using inetd then inetd does the server work.  In both cases the actual
"instance" of stunnel is the same.  And inetd always works (or essentially
Unix does not).  It is milliseconds slower in inetd (and unless you are
doing millions of connections nobody will notice) but way more reliable in
my experience.

Eric