[stunnel-users] ssl3_get_record:wrong version number

Moellers f.moellers at jugendhilfe-koeln.de
Mon Jan 7 14:53:24 CET 2019

Hello,

what I´m trying to accomplish is to build a secure RDP Connection between my
Laptop and a Server, which are in the same Network but as RDP in itself is
not secure enough I need the stunnel encryption.

As of now I can establish a connection but as soon as I try to start an RDP
Connection I get the following message:

SSL_accept: 1408F10B: error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong
version number

I tried serveral things for example:
sslVersion = all

options = NO_SSLv2

Sadly this doesn´t work either as I get a different error after that.

This is pretty much the config for both Server and Client.

; R.B. Konfiguration HMailServer InvNr. 4522 RDP Zugriff mit
STunnel-Verschlüsselung

[RDP-SSL]

CAfile = certs.pem

accept = 9000

connect = 3389

;verify = 4

verifyPeer = yes

verifyChain = no

sslVersion = all

cert = stunnel.pem

I exchanged the certificates between the Server and the Laptop but can´t
establish a connection to get a RDP Session going.

Hope someone can help me.

Kind regards.

F.Moellers

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

IT-Abteilung

Jugendhilfe Köln e.V.

Christianstr. 82

50825 Köln

Tel. (0221) 54600-177

 <mailto:it at jugendhilfe-koeln.de> it at jugendhilfe-koeln.de

 <http://www.jugendhilfe-koeln.de> www.jugendhilfe-koeln.de

Geschäftsführerin: Almut Gross - Amtsgericht Köln VR 7348

Vorstandsvorsitzende: Dr. Agnes Klein