[stunnel-users] basic usage question

Małgorzata Olszówka Malgorzata.Olszowka at stunnel.org
Mon Mar 12 11:13:37 CET 2018

> I'm trying to set up an ssl tunnel for VNC per the instructions at
> https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-sslvnc/index.html. I've not gotten
> very far into the steps. I tried:
>
> # stunnel -d 5905 -r 5900 -p /root/combined.pem
> [ ] Clients allowed=500
> [.] stunnel 5.35 on x86_64-slackware-linux-gnu platform

Hello Mark,
This tutorial was already obsolete in 2007 when it was being created.
Stunnel from version 4.0 uses the config file.
So, you should  find an example configuration file named
stunnel.conf-sample and rename it to stunnel.conf. After saving of the
necessary changes in the stunnel.config file you can run stunnel.

Regards,
Małgorzata