[stunnel-users] Loss of ability to use Stunnel-Blat, and a solution

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Tue Jul 10 09:58:33 CEST 2018

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 09:15:39AM +0200, Flo Rance wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Click on your avatar, then Google Account, then Sign-In & Security. At the
> bottom of the page, there's "Allow less secure apps".
>
> You can't choose which app is a less secure app, because this option may be
> understood as "re-enabling Basic Authentication" which means "plain-text
> password authentication".
>
> By default, Gmail only allows Oauth authentication.

<off-topic rant... SCNR>

Yeah, well, wouldn't it be nice if only we had a system that would allow
us to grant (possibly limited) access to specific applications by, say,
issuing them a little authentication something that they could present
to the authorities... we might even call it a "ticket"... but of course,
not everything with access should be able to issue tickets, so we may
have a ticket-granting ticket and a normal access ticket...

...yeah, wouldn't it be nice...

</rant>

Sometimes I do feel like an old-timer...

G'luck,
Peter

Peter Pentchev  roam@{ringlet.net,debian.org,FreeBSD.org} pp at storpool.com
Key fingerprint 2EE7 A7A5 17FC 124C F115  C354 651E EFB0 2527 DF13