[stunnel-users] older browsers, stunnel and privoxy

kovacs janos kovacsjanosfasz at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 14:30:34 CET 2018

i mean a proxy that can work with the address of the actual website
opened in the browser, not just specific addresses defined in the
config file.

at least i thought thats what you meant with this:
"In case of client (browser), for each remote (https) server to be
connected to, stunnnel config file will need an entry;
in browser it will not be possible to use DNS names (all servers will
have to be addressed as 127.0.0.1:someport
where "someport", is port assigned in stunnel conf server entry accept
statement), so most links in webpages will not work."

if stunnel can only work with specified addresses, cant a proxy like
privoxy be set up at both ends, and stunnel only has to accept and
connect to the address of the proxies?