[stunnel-users] possibility to delay connect to host

Paavo Sild paavo.sild at estcard.ee
Mon Dec 4 16:15:46 CET 2017

Hello!

I am a bit new to stunnel and while I tried to search the message
archive I did not find any possible reference to the issue I try to
solve.

I am running a bit older version of stunnel as a simple reverse
proxy. It accepts incoming TLS connection and opens clear TCP
connection to a host specified by "connect" parameter in config.
I wander - it is possible to delay the opening of TCP connection to a
host until the actual data is received from client? I haven't found
any reference to such a possibility in stunnel but thought that it
worth to ask from community.
The issue is that due to the nature of traffic there are instances
then client negotiates the SSL connection but there is no actual data
to be sent by the client. By opening the connection to host only when
actual data is present would filter out unnecessary connections
towards the application.
Anybody had such an issue to solve?

--
rgds,