[stunnel-users] Stunnel and Eudora error

EPPack epp.7t1.tech at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 16:08:22 CEST 2016

I installed stunnel on one of my laptops a few days ago, and it
installed uneventfully. I set up one of my gmail accounts in Eudora
per directions I got from another Eudora user, and the account works
perfectly in Eudora.

However, on this machine, I got an unexpected prompt that showed up
in a cmd window during the install, which did NOT show up on the other machine:

WARNING: can't open config file: /devel/win32/openssl/openssl.cnf
Generating a 2048 bit RSA private key
...+++
..................+++
Writing new private key to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\stunnel\config\stunnel.pem'
----
You are about to be asked to enter information that will be
incorporated into your certificate request.
What you are about to enter is what is called a Distinguished Name or a DN.
There are quite a few fields but you can leave some blank for some
fields there will be a default value,
If you enter '.', the field will be left blank.
----
Country Name (2 letter code) [PL]:

When I try for an inbound in Eudora, I get the "Error reading from
network. Cause: connection aborted due to timeout or other failure (10053).

Problem of course is that I'm also unsure if it installed
fully/correctly. On the other machine, it installed
itself  uneventfully as a service, and after I started it (it came in
as manual, unstarted), it was fine. This time, tho, it didn't show up
in the list of services at all, even tho there was a prompt to start
it, which I allowed it to do. That said, I did see it in the start
menu, and was able to start it. I also rebooted, and it started up
OK. However, after configuring one of my accounts the same way as on
the other machine,  it's not working, getting the timeout error
above. Changed it back to the normal settings for GMail in Eudora, it
worked fine, so it wasn't any other cause.

I tried adding options = DONT_INSERT_EMPTY_FRAGMENTS to the conf,
hopefully in the right place :) and also bumped the Eudora Advanced
Network params as also suggested.Nada.

The only difference between the two machines, both Windows 7 Pro, is
that this one is a 64bit, the other not, which may well be the difference.

As I'm new to stunnel, I looked for the manual, but got a 403 on the page.

Thoughts?

elaine

-----
Elaine Pack, Web Analyst, Ivy, VA