[stunnel-users] Windows 2012 R2 Error on startup

Rob Lockhart rlockhar at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 04:03:53 CEST 2015

According to your log files, something else is already listening on port 25.

from stunnel.conf:

; GMail ssmtp settings
[ssmtp]
accept = 25
connect = smtp.gmail.com:465

and from error log:

[!] Error binding service [ssmtp] to 0.0.0.0:25
[!] bind: No error (0)

That means if you're running Window Server, you should use a different port
than 25, as something else on your system is already using that (for SMTP,
presumably). Have you simply tried a different port, possibly higher than
1024 (like, 1465), then configure the client to connect to localhost to
that port (1465). Then it should connect to your gmail SMTP server. If you
can turn off SMTP on your Windows 2012 server, I would try that first.

I don't think this is a stunnel issue but an issue in trying to create an
additional service listening on a port for which there is already a
listening service.

Regards,
 -Rob

On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 4:52 PM, Han-Earl Guhm <hanguhm at educatingforlife.com