[stunnel-users] Error on Windows 2008r2

Chris stunnel at twoitguys.com
Thu Oct 1 18:18:57 CEST 2015

Just downloaded and installed the latest windows version. When trying to
run stunnel I get the following error: The application has failed to start
because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect..... When I check the
application event view logs I see "Activation context generation failed for
"C:\Program Files (x86)\stunnel\bin\stunnel.exe". Dependent Assembly
could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis."

It seems I might be missing a pre-req but I can't not determine what that
is. Any ideas?