[stunnel-users] Stunnel - how to make Google App Engine HTTP into HTTPS ?

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Thu Feb 6 10:08:03 CET 2014

On Thu, Feb 06, 2014 at 08:22:18AM +0100, Shamun Toha Md wrote:
> I have Google App Engine running in HTTP (port tcp 80), which is a daemon
> based service it execute back-end some python instances. Now all that works
> over HTTP , TCP 80, and Google App Engine itself do not have any kind of
> HTTPS setup, it has to be organized externally.
>
> Therefore, the biggest problem is now that how can i use stunnel to resolve
> this problem please?
> I have already tried following setup and it does not work at all.
>
> 1) if the user visit https://www.mysite.com then he hit stunnel accept=443
> after that he is connected with connect=80 but user browser change into
> http:// instead of remaining in https:// . Which make the whole thing not
> working

Is it possible that the site itself has some kind of redirections or
links that actually specify http://servername/path?  If so, stunnel
cannot do anything about it - stunnel does not (and *should* not!) even
try to modify the actual data stream that flows through it after the
initial connection is established.

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net roam at FreeBSD.org p.penchev at storpool.com
Key fingerprint 2EE7 A7A5 17FC 124C F115  C354 651E EFB0 2527 DF13