[stunnel-users] Stunnel - how to make Google App Engine HTTP into HTTPS ?

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Thu Feb 6 10:08:03 CET 2014

On Thu, Feb 06, 2014 at 08:22:18AM +0100, Shamun Toha Md wrote:
> I have Google App Engine running in HTTP (port tcp 80), which is a daemon
> based service it execute back-end some python instances. Now all that works
> over HTTP , TCP 80, and Google App Engine itself do not have any kind of
> HTTPS setup, it has to be organized externally.
> Therefore, the biggest problem is now that how can i use stunnel to resolve
> this problem please?
> I have already tried following setup and it does not work at all.
> 1) if the user visit https://www.mysite.com then he hit stunnel accept=443
> after that he is connected with connect=80 but user browser change into
> http:// instead of remaining in https:// . Which make the whole thing not
> working

Is it possible that the site itself has some kind of redirections or
links that actually specify http://servername/path?  If so, stunnel
cannot do anything about it - stunnel does not (and *should* not!) even
try to modify the actual data stream that flows through it after the
initial connection is established.

Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net roam at FreeBSD.org p.penchev at storpool.com
Key fingerprint 2EE7 A7A5 17FC 124C F115  C354 651E EFB0 2527 DF13
If wishes were fishes, the antecedent of this conditional would be true.