[stunnel-users] Possible false positive trojan detection on stunnel-5.02-installer.exe

Drew Mayo dmayo at nimble.com.au
Wed Aug 6 01:35:32 CEST 2014

Hi all,

This is just an FYI.  I'm a recent user of stunnel, and one of my team has
just alerted me that f-prot (and unfortunately hence google drive) detects
the current windows installer for stunnel 5.02 as a trojan.

virustotal (which confirms it matches the sha256) tells me that the file is
detected as:

W32/Trojan.TDWH-2255
W32/Trojan3.JUA

I've raised a misclassification request with f-prot, but of course that
will probably take some time to get resolved.

Of course, it is remotely possible it's not false, but i'm betting the
other way.

-d