[stunnel-users] Port assignment in .conf file for local email client unique?

Thomas Eifert kxkvi at wi.rr.com
Wed Sep 25 10:13:03 CEST 2013

On 9/24/2013 6:32 AM, Ben Stover wrote:

> 3.) Moreover assume I want to make the SSL connection transparent can I select an accept-port 25?

If by "transparent" you mean will Stunnel just pass the traffic to the
remote server without encryption if you accept locally on port 25, then
no, that's not the way it works.  Stunnel will attempt to negotiate an
SSL connection with the remote server regardless of which port you
connect to locally.

Regards,

Thomas

--
Attention: This message and all attachments are private and may contain
information that is confidential and privileged. If you received this