[stunnel-users] setup stunnel problem

edu.bit.es at gmail.com edu.bit.es at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 18:51:37 CET 2013

Hi everybody,

I'm absolutely new in stunnel. I came around because of a post in the google
forums about making Symantec System Recovery mail through smtp.gmail.com.
Symantec is not capable of doing SSL/TLS so I need a solution like stunnel.

But I've an issue: it doesn't seem to work :)

I installed the program ok, and configured in the following way:

socket = l:TCP_NODELAY=1

socket= r:TCP_NODELAY=1

connect= smtp.gamil.com:465

The server is listening on port but when I do a telnet to that
port gives an error and doesn't seem to tunnel me to smtp.gmail.com. On the
other  hand, I configured outlook to use that tunnel but gives an error
stating it can reach the smtp server.

What am I doing wrong? Should I change the TLS version?

Best regards and thanks in advance.