[stunnel-users] Sending Email from PLC Without Authentication with gmail

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Thu Jun 27 19:12:50 CEST 2013

On 27 Jun 2013 at 16:53, Javier wrote:

Date sent:      	Thu, 27 Jun 2013 16:53:45 +0200
From:           	Javier <meresponde2001-stn at yahoo.es>
To:             	stunnel-users at stunnel.org
Subject:        	Re: [stunnel-users] Sending Email from PLC
Without Authentication
	with gmail

> On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 08:07:52 -0500
> "Stephen Gates" <sgates at hkscholz.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your help Leandro. Do you have a suggestion for a SMTP
> > Relay?? I have tried Free SMTP Server which was the only thing that
> > has worked so far and  worked almost perfectly except that it can
> > only send out 10 emails a day. And I need more capacity for sending
> > than that.
> >

> > I also have used trial versions of ArgoSoft, 1st Mail Server and QK
> > SMTP Server but couldn't get those to work.
>

> Hi,
>
> I didn't know Argosoft stopped releasing the Freeware version :-S
>
> You can find the old one, with, btw, doesn't need .NET framework at
> archive.org:
> http://wayback.archive.org/web/20060414121455/http://www.argosoft.com/
> RootPages/Download.aspx I can't guarantee to work in newer OS versions
> (over XP and newer), because I never tested, but should without
> problems.
>
> The only limitation I can recall on this freeware version is in the
> file size (5MB) and in the retries between relay errors.
>
> But you have to be aware when using a mail server that, thanks to
> Spamhaus, you need a static IP or almost all SMTPs out there will
> block your server to accept mail from (including Gmail).
>
> Regards.

Question? What does this device have available for resources. I
use a php script that checks server status emails via gmail when
there are changes in status, and it handles the connection directly
to gmail.

> P.S.: you can find several versions in archive.org, just select other
> dates.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
SETI        15199600.231906   |   EINSTEIN    12006506.959852
ROSETTA      7768614.178840   |   ABC         16123851.210856