[stunnel-users] Sending Email from PLC Without Authentication with gmail

Javier meresponde2001-stn at yahoo.es
Thu Jun 27 16:53:45 CEST 2013

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 08:07:52 -0500
"Stephen Gates" <sgates at hkscholz.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your help Leandro. Do you have a suggestion for a SMTP Relay?? I
> have tried Free SMTP Server which was the only thing that has worked so far
> and  worked almost perfectly except that it can only send out 10 emails a
> day. And I need more capacity for sending than that.
> I also have used trial versions of ArgoSoft, 1st Mail Server and QK SMTP
> Server but couldn't get those to work.

I didn't know Argosoft stopped releasing the Freeware version :-S

You can find the old one, with, btw, doesn't need .NET framework at
I can't guarantee to work in newer OS versions (over XP and newer),
because I never tested, but should without problems.

The only limitation I can recall on this freeware version is in the
file size (5MB) and in the retries between relay errors.

But you have to be aware when using a mail server that, thanks to
Spamhaus, you need a static IP or almost all SMTPs out there will
block your server to accept mail from (including Gmail).

P.S.: you can find several versions in archive.org, just select other