[stunnel-users] FIPS enablement

Brian Wilkins bwilkins at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 22:23:40 CET 2012

Yes, from INSTALL.FIPS in the stunnel tarball

stunnel FIPS install notes

Unix HOWTO:
FIPS mode is autodetected if possible.  You can force it with:
  ./configure --enable-fips
or disable with:
  ./configure --disable-fips

WIN32 HOWTO:
* On 32-bit Windows install one of the following compilers:
  - MSVC 8.0 (VS 2005) Standard or Professional Edition
  - MSVC 9.0 (VS 2008) any edition including Express Edition
* On 64-bit Windows install one of the following compilers:
  - MSVC 8.0 (VS 2005) Standard or Professional Edition
  - MSVC 9.0 (VS 2008) Standard or Professional Edition
* Build FIPS-compliant OpenSSL DLLS according to:
  http://www.openssl.org/docs/fips/UserGuide-1.2.pdf
* Build stunnel normally with MSVC or Mingw.
  Mingw build requires DLL stubs.  Stubs can be built with:
  dlltool --def ms/libeay32.def --output-lib libcrypto.a
  dlltool --def ms/ssleay32.def --output-lib libssl.a